Here's a quick and easy recipe for 'Pasta & Sicilian Sauce'.
Prep time 25 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Calories - 286
Protein - 11g
Carbohydrate - 46g
Sugars - 14g
Fat - 8g
Saturates - 1g
1 lb tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup golden raisins
1 3/4 oz can anchovies. drained and halved lengthwise
2 tbsp concentrated tomato paste
1 1/2 lb fresh penne
- Under a preheated broiler, cook the tomatoes for 10 minutes. Once cooled, peel the skins and dice.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts on a cookie sheet under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Soak the golden raisins in warm water for about 20 minutes, then drain thoroughly.
- Place the tomatoes, pine nuts, and raisins into a small saucepan and heat lightly.
- Add the anchovies and tomato paste to the saucepan and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8-10 minutes and drain thoroughly.
- Transfer the pasta to a plate, pour over the sauce, and serve.
Thank you and I hope you enjoyed!