Enjoy this recipe for a quick and easy 'Garlic & Herb Chicken'.
Prep time about 20 mins
Cook time about 25 mins
Calories - 272
Protein - 29g
Carbohydrate - 4g
Sugars - 4g
Fat - 13g
Saturates - 6g
4 boneless chicken breasts halves, skin removed
1/2 cup full-fat soft cheese, flavored with herbs and garlic
8 slices prosciutto
2/3 cup red wine
2/3 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp brown sugar
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally along the length of the chicken to form a pocket.
- Soften the cheese by beating it with a wooden spoon. Place the cheese into the chicken breast pocket.
- Wrap and securely place 2 pieces of prosciutto around each chicken breast.
- Pour the wine and chicken stock into a large skillet and allow to boil. Add the sugar once mixture begins to boil.
- Add the chicken breasts onto the skillet and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and bring the sauce to boil again. Place the chicken on a plate, pour the sauce over the chicken, and serve.
Thank you and I hope you enjoyed!